Rosuvastatin Calcium, Generic Crestor
Try Searching the Lowest Price for Rosuvastatin Calcium!
Rosuvastatin is used for:
How to use Rosuvastatin:
Before using Rosuvastatin, be sure to consult your doctor and consider the risks of taking the medicine. This is a decision you and your doctor will make.
Consider the following before using Rosuvastatin Calcium:
Discuss any unusual or allergic reactions to Rosuvastatin, or any other medicines, with your doctor. You should also make your physician aware of any other allergies, such as food, allergies to dyes, preservatives, or animals.
Studies performed, to date, have not identified any pediatric-specific problems that would limit the usefulness of Rosuvastatin in children. Athough, safety and efficacy have not been established in children younger than 7-years-old.
Studies performed, to date, have not proven any geriatric-specific problems that would limit the Rosuvastatin effectiveness in the elderly. Elderly patients should know that age-related muscle problems, which may require caution in patients receiving Rosuvastatin, may be more likely.
Harmful infant effects have been demonstrated in studies involving women who are breastfeeding. You should stop breastfeeding while using this medicine or an alternative to this medication should be prescribed.
Instructions for use:
Use Rosuvastatin as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Rosuvastatin’s packaging comes with an extra patient leaflet. If you have questions about this information talk to your pharmacist
- Rosuvastatin is taken by mouth, with or without food
- The tablets are swallowed whole
- If you also take an antacid that has aluminum or magnesium in it, take it at least 2 hours after taking Rosuvastatin. Check with your doctor if you have any questions
- Do not miss any doses. Be sure to continue taking Rosuvastatin, even if you feel well
- If you miss a dose of Rosuvastatin, take it as soon as possible. Do not take 2 doses at once or within 12 hours of each other. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule
- Ask your doctor if you have any questions about how to use Rosuvastatin.
Rosuvastatin Side Effects:
Common Rosuvastatin Side Effects
- Body aches or pain
- Difficulty with moving
- Dry or sore throat
- Pain in the joints
- Runny nose
- Tender, swollen glands in the neck
- Trouble swallowing
- Voice changes
Major Side Effects
Contact your doctor immediately if you experience any of these side effects when taking Rosuvastatin.
- Dark-colored urine
- Muscle cramps or spasms
- Muscle pain, stiffness, tenderness, wasting, or weakness
- Unusual tiredness or weakness
Incidence not known:
- Abdominal or stomach pain
- Clay-colored stools
- Skin rash
- Unpleasant breath odor
- Vomiting of blood
- Yellow eyes or skin
Less Common Side Effects
- Accidental injury
- Accumulation of pus, swollen, red, or tender area of infection near a tooth
- Acid or sour stomach
- Arm, back, or jaw pain
- Bladder pain
- Bloated or full feeling
- Bloody or cloudy urine
- Blurred vision
- Burning feeling in the chest or stomach
- Burning, crawling, itching, numbness, prickling, “pins and needles”, or tingling feelings
- Chest pain or discomfort
- Chest tightness or heaviness
- Difficult or labored breathing
- Difficult, burning, or painful urination
- Dry mouth
- Excess air or gas in the stomach or intestines
- Excessive muscle tone
- Fast, irregular, pounding, or racing heartbeat or pulse
- Feeling faint
- Feeling of constant movement of self or surroundings
- Feeling of warmth or heat
- Feeling sad or empty
- Flushed, dry skin
- Flushing or redness of the skin especially on the face and neck
- Fruit-like breath odor
- General feeling of discomfort or illness
- Increased hunger
- Increased thirst
- Increased urination
- Itching skin
- Lack of appetite
- Lack or loss of strength
- Loss of appetite
- Loss of consciousness
- Loss of interest or pleasure
- Muscle tension or tightness
- Neck pain
- Nerve pain
- Pain or swelling in the arms or legs without any injury
- Pain or tenderness around the eyes and cheekbones
- Pain, swelling, or redness in the joints
- Pale skin
- Passing gas
- Pounding in the ears
- Sensation of spinning
- Slow heartbeat
- Stomach pain, discomfort, tenderness, or upset
- Stuffy nose
- Swelling of the hands, ankles, feet, or lower legs
- Trouble concentrating
- Trouble sleeping
- Unexplained weight loss
- Unusual bleeding or bruising
Prices are for prescriptions for 30 tablets of 5, 10, 20 or 40 mg:
Rosuvastatin Calcium: $15.70
Try Searching the Lowest Price for Rosuvastatin Calcium!
Rosuvastatin Drug Images:
Ezetimibe (generic for Zetia)
Pravastatin (generic for Pravachol)
Lovastatin (generic for Mevacor)
Rosuvastatin Patent Information:
Before taking Rosuvastatin, discuss any allergies, you may have, with your doctor – or if you have any other allergies. This product may contain inactive ingredients, which could possibly cause allergic reactions or other problems.
Discuss your medication history with your doctor or pharmacist, before taking Rosuvastatin. Inform them especially of: liver disease, kidney disease, alcohol use.
Limit alcohol use. Using alcohol daily may increase the risk of liver problems, especially if combined with Rosuvastatin.
It is possible that older adults may be more sensitive to the side effects of this drug, especially muscle problems.
Do not use Rosuvastatin during pregnancy. It may harm an unborn baby. If you become pregnant or think you may be pregnant, tell your doctor right away.
Rosuvastatin passes into breast milk. Because of the possible risk to the infant, breast-feeding while using this drug is not recommended. Consult your doctor before breast-feeding.
If Overdose of Rosuvastatin is Suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center, or emergency room immediately.
Proper storage of rosuvastatin:
Rosuvastatin should be stored at room temperature, between 68 and 77 degrees F (20 to 25 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Rosuvastatin out of the reach of children and away from pets.