Effective Date: May 8, 2018
Card-Linked Cash Back Rewards. In addition to these Terms, participation in Card-Linked Cash Back Rewards (sometimes referred to as “In-store Cash Back Offers”) is subject to the terms of the Card-Linked Cash Back Rewards Promotion Terms, which may be found at https://help.retailmenot.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2935171-rewards-promotion-terms and are expressly incorporated herein by reference.
Online Cash Back Rewards. In addition to these Terms, participation in Online Cash Back Rewards is subject to the terms of the Online Cash Back Rewards Promotion Terms, which may be found at https://help.retailmenot.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2752784-rewards-promotion-terms and are expressly incorporated herein by reference.
Terms of Sale. In addition to these Terms, purchase of gift cards is subject to the Terms of Sale, which may be found at https://www.retailmenot.com/giftcards/store/terms and are expressly incorporated herein by reference.
- Types of Personal Information We Collect
- How RetailMeNot Collects Personal Information
- How RetailMeNot Uses Personal Information
- When and Why RetailMeNot Discloses Personal Information
- Cookies and Related Technologies
- Your Choices
- Accessing and Correcting Personal Information
- Security of Personal Information
- Notice to Residents of Countries outside the United States of America
- Privacy Practices of Third Parties
- Children’s Privacy
- California Privacy Rights
2. Types of Personal Information We Collect
Personal Information is information that can be used to identify, locate, or contact an individual. It also includes other information that may be associated with Personal Information. We collect the following types of Personal Information:
- Contact Information that allows us to communicate with you, such as your name, postal addresses, email addresses, social media website user account names, telephone numbers, or other addresses.
- Relationship Information that helps us to understand your interests and preferences, such as the types of stores, products, and advertisements you might like, lifestyle, preferences, and interest information; the types of coupons, gift cards, information, products, services, prescription drug names, dosages and quantities (collectively, “Products”) and Product websites that interest you; information collected from social media interactions (such as via Facebook Connect); and demographic information (e.g., birth date, age, gender, zip code).
- Transaction Information includes information on how you interact with the Services, such as the Products that you search for, view, and redeem, any purchases, sales or downloads via our Services, the cash back offers that you claim, including copies of receipts that you submit; financial information about you as needed to administer your participation in our programs, including payment card number, expiration date, and CVN; other information about how you use our Services, email or other communication methods and platforms; and how you interact with RetailMeNot’s merchants, business partners, and service providers, including, in some cases, the items purchased from or used with those merchants.
- Location Information that allows us to determine your geolocation, such as your precise or approximate location, your location relative to nearby merchants, your presence within a mall or store (e.g., near a checkout, aisle, or entrance) or your zip code, state/province, city, or neighborhood. Please see Section 7 (Your Choices) for information on how to limit the Location Information that RetailMeNot may collect from the Services operating on a mobile device.
- Analytics Information about your use of our Services, such as your IP address, access time, device ID or other unique identifier (e.g., Android advertising ID or Apple IDFA), domain name, page and screen views, referring URLs, language information, device name and model, operating system type, browser type and your activities on our Services. Information collected by our Services via a mobile device may include the following: (i) the names of the other applications on your mobile device and, if you use an Android-based mobile device, how you use them (e.g., frequency and duration of use); (ii) if you use an Android-based mobile device, the URL addresses of the webpages you access; (iii) information about your mobile device (e.g., make, model, operating system, and other similar information, but not phone number); (iv) information about your use of features, functions, or clicks on notifications or content; (v) the strength of signal, temperature, battery level, and unique identifier of a nearby Bluetooth® proximity beacon; and (vi) other technical data and usage information.
3. How RetailMeNot Collects Personal Information
We collect Personal Information you provide to us when you contact us, register, subscribe, create an account, enroll in any of our programs or services, request information to participate in any of our programs or services or otherwise interact with the Services or contact RetailMeNot. For example, you may be required to provide us with Contact Information, Relationship Information or Location Information in order to access or register for certain services.
We collect Personal Information and other information through various technologies automatically when you use our Services on your computer or mobile devices, including through (i) our websites’ logging functionalities, (ii) cookies, pixel tags, web beacons, and similar technologies (see Section 6 (Cookies and Related Technologies) below for more information), and (iii) through analytics providers. For example, we may track the Products you view, submit or redeem via a desktop computer, any of your purchases from us via your mobile device, and the comments you make in Communities (as defined below), or to those related to our social media pages or accounts.
If you use our browser extension, we track whether and to what extent you interact with third parties or merchants and their websites, as well as information relating to those interactions.
If you use a social media platform, a mobile device or other third-party method of communication to interact with RetailMeNot or the Services, that platform may have a specific privacy statement that governs the use of Personal Information related to that platform. If you have questions about the security and privacy settings of your mobile device, please refer to instructions from your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your settings. If you use the Services on a mobile device and your mobile device’s settings allow it, we collect Personal Information from your mobile device. For example, if you have permitted your mobile device to transmit location data, we may collect your geolocation and time of day. In addition, if you have also enabled Bluetooth® functionality on your mobile device, our Services may determine your presence and duration within a location, such as a mall or store, based on the detection of signals from nearby Bluetooth® proximity beacons. Even if you have not logged in to one of our Services or enabled location tracking, we collect Location Data using various technologies, including (i) IP lookup, (ii) GPS, (iii) cellular network location, (iv) Bluetooth® functionality, and (v) other location-based services. Please see Section 7 (Your Choices) for more information on how to limit the Location Information that RetailMeNot may collect from the Services operating on a mobile device.
We also supplement Personal Information with information we have collected from third parties, such as demographic information, information about your interests, and similar information that the third parties have collected from other sources (which may include analytics data from third party websites). We collect information from third parties to enhance other information we have about you, to help us better understand you, to provide you with targeted advertising, and to otherwise enhance the Services.
4. How RetailMeNot Uses Personal Information
RetailMeNot uses Personal Information to:
- Operate and improve our Services;
- Provide users with content and advertisements across their devices for products and services from merchants, including Products based on variables such as stated and anticipated user interests, personal characteristics, and location;
- Evaluate eligibility of users for certain Products;
- Refer users to programs and services offered or administered by business partners and other third parties;
- Evaluate the types of Products that may be of interest to users;
- Track searched, viewed, purchased and redeemed Products and aggregate user, Product and business trends, and perform other analytics;
- Provide user support and customer service, including to merchants and business partners;
- Fulfill requests for RetailMeNot services;
- Communicate and provide additional information that may be of interest to you about RetailMeNot, featured, searched, viewed, purchased or redeemed Products, merchants and business partners, including news, special offers and coupons, announcements, and marketing materials;
- Send you reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages service bulletins, or marketing;
- Provide commercial notifications when you arrive at, linger near or leave places;
- Infer the location of the places you visit most often, determine your frequency at these locations, and send notifications when you arrive at or leave those places;
- Provide advertisements to you through the Services, third party sites, email messages, text messages, mobile-push notifications, or other methods of communication;
- Administer surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored by us or our partners;
- Create user profiles that may contain inferences about users such as age range, income range, gender, and interests;
- Help verify accounts and activity, promote safety and security on and off of our Services, and investigate suspicious activity, fraud or violations of our terms or policies and assessing the relative risk that a particular activity may be unauthorized or fraudulent;
- Comply with the law;
- Allow you to apply for a job, post a video or sign up for special offers from third parties through the Services;
- Administer our programs, such as our rewards programs, if you agreed to participate in those programs; and
- Carry out other purposes that are disclosed to you and to which you consent.
In addition, certain RetailMeNot services may include a rewards program allowing you to enroll your eligible credit card, debit card and/or other payment method and related information in order to earn cash back from purchases made with participating merchants (the “Program”).
- Use Transaction Data to confirm a qualifying purchase or return to match transactions to confirm whether you qualify for a statement credit or an offer;
- Share Transaction Data with the participating merchant where a transaction occurred as needed for the merchant to confirm a specific transaction occurred or a cash back reward should be awarded; for example, the date and amount of your purchase and the last 4 digits of your card number so the merchant can verify your purchase with its records if there is a missing or disputed transaction;
- Provide participating merchants and service providers aggregated and anonymized information relating specifically to registered card activity solely to allow participating merchants and service providers to assess the results of their campaigns;
- Create a record of Transaction Data and thereafter maintain and use Transaction Data in connection with operating the Program;
- Provide targeted offers that may be of interest to you;
- Conducting analysis for the improvement and optimization of the Program;
- Communicate with you concerning transactions and provide general customer service and respond to your inquiries; and
- Provide information in order to respond to legal, regulatory and audit requests, including, without limitation, those from a government authority or a payment organization involved in a transaction with you or a merchant, and to resolve disputes and defend claims against or by RetailMeNot concerning the Program.
You authorize the sharing, exchange and use of Transaction Data by and among RetailMeNot, RetailMeNot’s service providers, applicable payment card networks (e.g., Visa, Mastercard, Amex) and applicable participating merchants. You may opt-out of RetailMeNot Card-Linked Cash Back Rewards at any time by tapping “Linked Cards” in your profile, swiping left on your card(s) and tapping “Delete.”
5. When and Why RetailMeNot Discloses Personal Information
We may share your Personal Information as described below:
- Merchants, but only to the extent you have redeemed a Product offered by the merchant, or participated in an offer, contest or other activity sponsored or offered through RetailMeNot on behalf of the merchant;
- RetailMeNot business partners, service providers, and advertisers, for the purposes of administering our services, programs and rewards, or as part of an offer, contest, or other activity that is provided by or in conjunction with RetailMeNot and its business partners. For example, if you are referred to RetailMeNot from a business partner’s website or through an invitation facilitated by or in conjunction with a RetailMeNot business partner, RetailMeNot may provide that business partner with Contact Information and Transaction Information to validate the referral and to support the terms of the relationship between RetailMeNot and the business partner, which may allow such business partner to contact you directly and to advertise to you;
- To effect a corporate business transaction, such as a merger, acquisition, sale or transfer of business assets, joint venture or financing, and your Personal Information could be transferred to a third party as one of the business assets in such transaction; if RetailMeNot is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email or prominent notice on one or more of our Services of any change in ownership or uses of your Personal Information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your Personal Information;
- To enforce our rights or protect our property; to protect the rights, property or safety of others, investigate fraud, respond to a government request; or as needed to support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions;
- To defend ourselves in litigation or a regulatory action, and when required or advised to do so by law, such as in response to a subpoena, a reporting requirement or similar legal process, including to law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts in the United States and other countries where we operate; or
- Otherwise with your consent.
We may disclose information about you that is not personally identifiable. For example, we may provide merchants, business partners, or other third parties with reports that contain aggregated and statistical data about our users.
6. Cookies and Related Technologies
When you use our Services, we collect certain information by automated or electronic means, using various technologies, such as cookies, pixel tags, web beacons, browser analysis tools, and web server logs. As you use our Services, your browser and devices communicate with servers operated by us, our business partners and services providers to coordinate and record the interactivity and fill your requests for services and information. Additional information on how to opt-out of certain tracking features is set forth in Section 7 (Your Choices) below.
The information from cookies and related technology is stored in web server logs and also in web cookies kept on your computers or mobile devices, which are then transmitted back to our Services by your computers or mobile devices. These servers are operated and the cookies managed by us, our business partners or our service providers.
For example, when you access our Services, RetailMeNot and our service providers may place cookies on your computers or mobile devices. These cookies may include means for tracking Personal Information and may include tracking technology from third-party affiliate-network operators. Cookies allow us to recognize you when you return, and track and target your interests in order to provide a customized experience. They also help us detect certain kinds of fraud.
A “cookie” is a small amount of information that a web server sends to your browser that stores information about your account, your preferences, and your use of the Services. Some cookies contain serial numbers that allow us to connect your activity with the Services with other information we store about you in your profile.
Some cookies are temporary, whereas others may be configured to last longer. “Session” cookies are temporary cookies used for various reasons, such as to manage page views. Your browser usually erases Session cookies once you exit your browser. “Persistent” cookies are more permanent cookies that are stored on your computers or mobile devices even beyond when you exit your browser. We use Persistent cookies for a number of purposes, such as retrieving certain information you have previously provided (such as your user id if you asked to be remembered), and storing your preferences.
Pixel tags and web beacons are tiny graphic images placed on website pages or in our emails that allow us to determine whether you have performed specific actions. When you access these pages or open email messages, the pixel tags and web beacons generate a notice of that action to us, or our service providers. These tools allow us to measure response to our communications and improve our web pages and promotions.
We collect many different types of information from cookies and other technologies. For example, we may collect information from the devices you use to access our Services, your operating system type or mobile device model, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone of your device. Browsers routinely send these types of information to web servers. Our server logs also record the IP addresses of the devices you use to interact with the Services. We may also collect information about the website you were visiting before you came to our Services and the website you visit after you leave our Services, if this information is supplied to us by your browser.
We may allow third parties to use tracking devices through the Services to collect the same type of information for the same purposes as RetailMeNot does for itself. For example, RetailMeNot has relationships with third party advertising technology and analytics companies, such as Google Analytics, BlueKai, and Adometry, to perform tracking and reporting functions for certain Services and, in some cases, to help us place targeted advertisements via the Services or third-party websites. Additionally, we may share non-personally identifiable information from or about you, such as location data, advertising identifiers, or a cryptographic hash of a common account identifier (such as an email address) with third parties to facilitate the display of targeted advertising. Third parties may be able to associate the information they collect with other information they have about you from other sources. We do not control the tracking devices used by third parties, but you may be able to opt out of some advertising practices. Please see Section 7 (Opting Out of Tracking) below.
7. Your Choices
We think that you benefit from a more personalized experience when we know more about you and your preferences. However, you can limit the information you provide to RetailMeNot, and you can limit the communications that RetailMeNot sends to you.
Rx Saver Email Newsletter
For the Rx Saver Email Newsletter, you can manage your email preferences by following subscription management instructions contained in the commercial messages that we send you. You may choose to subscribe to some types of messages, and may choose to unsubscribe from others. You may also update your subscription preferences from time to time. If you wish to opt out of receiving offers directly from us, merchants or business partners, you can follow the opt-out instructions in the emails that they send you.
Opting Out of Tracking
Currently, our Services do not recognize browser “do-not-track” signals. However, you may manage how your browser handles cookies and related technologies by adjusting your browser privacy and security settings. Please refer to your browser instructions to learn about cookie-related and other privacy and security settings that may be available. Additionally, you can opt-out of targeted advertising by certain third party advertising companies by visiting the following links: Network Advertising Initiative, Omniture, Digital Advertising Alliance, Google Analytics, MobileApp Tracking, and BlueKai.
If you access any of our Services through one of our Applications, you may manage how your Personal Information is shared with RetailMeNot. You may adjust the settings on your mobile device to allow or restrict the sharing of Location Information. Please refer to your mobile device’s instructions to learn about the various ways you can disable sharing your Location Information. Often, user permissions on your mobile device will allow you to elect whether and to what extent you share Location Information with certain applications (for example, sharing only while you are using the application, sharing Location Information even while you are not using the application, or never sharing Location Information with the application). Your mobile device may also allow you to disable Bluetooth to prevent the sharing of Location Information collected via nearby Bluetooth® proximity beacons. In the event that you prevent the sharing of Location Information, we may still estimate your general location based on the IP address you use to access our Services. If you elect to not share your Location Information, you may be unable to access certain features of our Services.
You may also manage how your mobile device handles ad-related tracking technologies by adjusting your mobile device’s privacy settings. For example, the “Privacy” settings of an iOS device will allow you to “Limit Ad Tracking” and reset your mobile device’s “Advertising Identifier.” Please refer to your mobile device’s instructions to learn how to limit ad tracking on your mobile device.
You may also manage how your mobile device handles receiving notifications and alerts by adjusting your mobile device’s settings.
Connecting through Social Networks
With certain Product offers available on our websites, you may be presented with an option to send yourself an SMS message containing a link. The link will allow you to access such Product from your mobile device.
By requesting RetailMeNot to send a Product offer to your mobile device, you authorize RetailMeNot to use an automatic telephone dialing system to send you a text message that contains a link to the Product you have selected. Your agreement to receive this text is not a condition of purchase. However, message and data rates may apply. Check your service carrier plan for your standard text messaging fees. You represent and warrant that any phone number you enter belongs to you and is associated with a mobile device in your possession. You can opt out of receiving texts from RetailMeNot at any time by Contacting Us or by texting STOP to 42767 from your mobile device.
8. Accessing and Correcting Personal Information
Keeping Personal Information about you current helps ensure that we offer you the best Products available. You can update your Personal Information in several ways:
- For RetailMeNot.com, you can access, update and delete your Contact Information and the other information you provided us to use in your profile by logging into the Services via a desktop computer and clicking on the “Profile” link.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as is reasonably useful for commercial purposes. We will retain and use your Personal Information as necessary to comply with our obligations or data retention policies, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
9. Security of Personal Information
RetailMeNot follows generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Information that you provide. For example, we regularly monitor our system for possible vulnerabilities and attacks, and we use a secured-access data center. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is one hundred percent secure, however. For this reason, there is no guarantee that information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
10. Notice to Residents of Countries outside the United States of America
11. Privacy Practices of Third Parties
Our Services contain communities and other areas where you may be able to publicly post information, communicate with others (such as via discussion boards or blogs), review Products and merchants, and submit media content (“Communities”). All the information you post will be publicly available and accessible to anyone with Internet access, and any Personal Information you include in your posting may be read, collected, and used by others in a manner we cannot control. For example, if you post your email address along with a comment about a Product, you may receive unsolicited messages from third parties. We are not able to control any third party’s use of your Personal Information that you post publicly. Please avoid publicly posting Personal Information.
13. Children’s Privacy
RetailMeNot does not intend that any portion of the Services will be accessed or used by children under the age of thirteen, and such use is prohibited. By using the Services, you represent that you are at least thirteen years old and understand that you must be at least thirteen years old in order to create an account and purchase the goods or services advertised through the Services. We will promptly delete information associated with any account for which we obtain actual knowledge that the registered user associated with the account is not at least thirteen years old.
14. California Privacy Rights
Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California can obtain certain information about the types of Personal Information that companies with whom they have an established business relationship have shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. In particular, the law provides that companies must inform consumers about the categories of Personal Information that have been shared with third parties, the names and addresses of those third parties, and examples of the types of services or products marketed by those third parties. To request a copy of the information disclosure provided by RetailMeNot pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, please contact us as follows:
Please allow 30 days for a response.
Customer Service Support
If you need Customer Service Support for our RetailMeNot Rx Saver Services, please contact: