Phentermine, Generic for Adipex-P
Search for Discount Phentermine at Nearby Pharmacies
Phentermine is used for:
How to use Phentermine:
Before using Phentermine, be sure to discuss its use with your doctor and consider the risks of taking the medicine. This is a decision you and your doctor will make.
Consider the following before using Phentermine:
Be sure to tell your doctor, if you have ever experienced any allergic or unusual reactions to this medicine or any other medicines. Also tell your health care professional if you have any other types of allergies, such as to foods, dyes, preservatives, or animals. For non-prescription products, read the label or package ingredients carefully.
Phentermine is not recommended for use in children 16 years of age and younger. Safety and efficacy have not been established.
Appropriate studies have not demonstrated geriatric-specific problems that would limit the usefulness of Phentermine in the elderly individuals. Although, the elderly are more likely to have age-related liver, kidney, or heart problems, which may require caution and an adjustment in the dose for patients receiving Phentermine.
Studies in animals, and also in pregnant women, have demonstrated positive evidence of fetal abnormalities. This drug should not be used in women who are or may become pregnant, because the risk clearly outweighs any possible benefit.
Studies in women breastfeeding have demonstrated harmful infant effects. Stop breastfeeding while using this medicine or discuss alternatives with your doctor.
Instructions for use:
Use Phentermine as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Take phentermine exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Follow all directions on the prescription label. Do not take this medicine in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended.
- Some brands of phentermine should be taken on an empty stomach, before breakfast or within 2 hours after breakfast.
- Phentermine disintegrating tablets can be taken with or without food.
- With dry hands, remove the Phentermine tablet from the medication’s bottle and place the tablet in your mouth. It will begin to dissolve right away. Do not swallow the tablet whole. Allow it to dissolve in your mouth without chewing.
- In order to prevent problems related to sleep, be sure to take this medication earlier in the day, no later than 6 p.m.
- Talk with your doctor if think the medication is not working properly or if you have increased hunger. Life-threatening side effects can occur if you take this medication more than directed. Taking more of this medication will not make it more effective.
- Phentermine should be taken only for a few weeks or a short time.
- You could experience unpleasant withdrawal symptoms, if you suddenly stop using Phentermine. Ask your doctor how to safely stop using this medicine.
- You should store Phentermine at room temperature, away from moisture and heat.
- Phentermine can be an abused drug. You should be aware if anyone is using the medicine improperly or without a prescription. You can do so by keeping track of the amount of medicine used from each new bottle.
Phentermine Side Effects:
Side effects can exist in all medicines, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. If any of these common side effects persist or become worrisome, be sure to discuss them with your doctor.
Common Phentermine Side Effects
- Feeling restless or hyperactive
- Sleep problems (insomnia)
- Dry mouth or an unpleasant taste in your mouth
- Diarrhea or constipation, upset stomach
- Increased or decreased interest in sex, impotence
Major Side Effects
Contact your doctor immediately if you experience any of these side effects when taking Phentermine.
- Feeling short of breath, even with mild exertion
- Chest pain, feeling like you might pass out
- Swelling in your ankles or feet
- Pounding heartbeats or fluttering in your chest
- Confusion or irritability, unusual thoughts or behavior
- Feelings of extreme happiness or sadness
- Dangerously high blood pressure (severe headache, blurred vision, buzzing in your ears, anxiety, chest pain, shortness of breath, uneven heartbeats, seizure)
Prices are for prescriptions for 30 tablets of 37.5 mg
Phentermine Coupon Price: $11.62
Adipex-P Price: $68.78
Find Phentermine Coupons for Nearby Pharmacies
Phentermine Drug Images:
Phentermine 37.5 MG
Benphetamine (generic for Didrex)
Diethylproprion (generic for Tenuate)
Phentermine Patent Information:
The patent for Adipex-p has expired. Generic drugs don’t require patents, only brand name drugs do.
Before taking Phentermine, make your doctor or pharmacist aware of any allergies to sympathomimetic amines, or if you have any other allergies. Phentermine may include inactive ingredients, which may cause allergic reactions or other problems. Discuss this with your pharmacist, for more details.
Consult your doctor or pharmacist, before using this medication, if you have uncontrolled high blood pressure, glaucoma, a history of alcohol/drug abuse, vascular hear disease, mental/mood problems, high blood pressure in the lungs, stroke, or overactive thyroid, among any other issues your physician may be aware of.
Phentermine may cause you to be come dizzy or drowsy. It may also cause blurred vision. Do not drive, use machinery, or participate in any other activities that require alertness or clear vision until you know they can be performed safely. You should also avoid alcoholic beverages, while using Phentermine.
If you are having any surgeries, tell your doctor or dentist that you are using Phentermine.
Do not use Phentermine during pregnancy. It may harm an unborn baby.
Talk to your doctor about any other concerns you may have with using Phentermine.
If Overdose of Phentermine is Suspected:
If someone has overdosed, contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center, or emergency room immediately.
Proper storage of Phentermine:
Phentermine should be stored in a tightly closed container at room temperature between 68-77 degrees F (20-25 degrees C) away from light and moisture. Keep all medications away from children and pets.